The ‘Road to Recovery’
A recent report has been published setting out Manchesters Recovery Plan post Covid-19.
The works are designed to rebuild the people, economy and all businesses within the city. These will start with the revision of the ‘One Manchester Strategy 2015 – 2025″. Local MPs are looking to reposition the strategy in order to combat the effects of COVID – 19.
The strategy is in five parts, which cover :
- Building a thriving and sustainable City
- A highly skilled City
- A progressive & equitable City
- A liveable & low carbon City
- A connected City
It has been reported that the revised strategy will be approved in 2021.
Andy Burnham – The Mayor for Greater Manchester – has spoken out to say “the impact of the pandemic on high streets should be viewed positively, as an opportunity to reshape how town centres are developed.”
- A £1000 bonus for every furloughed worker kept on by employees
- A 10% discount for each meal eaten at a restaurant next month
- VAT within hospitality cut to 5% until January
- A £3billion green package, with grants for home-owners and public buildings to improve energy efficiency.