X1 Lettings take the protection and security of your personal information very seriously and this policy sets out our responsibilities under The General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and other applicable laws in England and Wales relating to the processing and security of personal information.
This policy explains to you how X1 Lettings uses and secures your personal information whilst you are using the X1 Lettings website www.x1lettings.com or when you enter into a contract with X1 Lettings to provide services to your organisation.
X1 Lettings has offices in 3 locations; our registered head office is located at the following address :
116 Duke Street
Company Registration Number: 07065987
Our Data Protection Officer is Anna Martland, please contact Anna if you have any questions about how your personal information is used by X1 Lettings, email@example.com or 0151 5593333/0161 6697070.
This policy was last updated on 12th March 2018.
Why do we collect personal information?
X1 Lettings process personal information for its own legitimate business purposes, which include the following:
- Where the processing enables X1 Lettings to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our products, services and communications for the benefit of our customers.
- To better understand how individuals interact with our websites.
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems.
- To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- To provide further information where requested by our customers on social media platforms
What personal information do X1 Lettings collect?
We may collect the following information :
- Contact information, including email address, telephone number and postal address
- Your property requirements
- IP address
Browsing our website: When you browse our website www.x1lettings.com we will collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the PC you are using, this data is anonymous and we cannot identify you at this point. We collect this data so that we can identify where customers are dropping out of the website and to identify areas of improvement to make the experience more engaging for our customers.
Requesting further information from us: Where you request further information from us by completing a form on our websites in relation to our products and services, your details will be added to our marketing database to receive marketing from X1 Lettings relevant to the products and services you have an interest in.
What we do with the information we gather:
- Maintain internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
We may periodically send promotional emails about new properties, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address provided by you.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post.
We may share your information with third parties, including, but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, in relation to any contract we enter into with them or with you
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and services.
Please be assured we do not sell your personal information to third party companies for marketing purposes.
Accuracy of your personal information
As part of the account management process X1 Lettings will, on a regular basis enquire if the personal information we hold about you is correct. You can also ensure your personal information is correct by:
- Contacting X1 Lettings at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can contact X1 Lettings Account Manager who will ensure they update your records.
Security of your personal information
How long do we retain your personal information for and why?
Where we have collected your personal information for marketing purposes we will retain your personal information for as long as you remain subscribed to our mailing lists or until the time when you inform us that you no longer wish to receive marketing from us.
For account management purposes, we will retain the personal information for as long as we have the relationship with your organisation.
If X1 Lettings no longer has a relationship with your organisation then we will only keep the relevant information such as invoices for audit purposes 6 years after the relationship with X1 Lettings has ended.
Once X1 Lettings are informed, you are no longer the contact we need to liaise with, or your leave your organisation, we will remove your details from our system.
Your rights under GDPR
X1 Lettings are processing your personal information, we do this for our Commercial Benefit and for the benefit of the organisation, you are representing.
As an individual, you may have certain rights under the GDPR regarding the use of your personal information, these are:
- The right to object – you can object to X1 Lettings processing your personal information at any time. Click here to object.
- The right to be forgotten – you can request that X1 Lettings remove your personal information from our systems
- The right to access your personal information – You have a right to know what personal information X1 Lettings hold on you and for what purpose we are processing your personal information this is known as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR). These requests must be made in writing by either email or letter with photographic identification to confirm your identity.
- You can send these requests to email@example.com
or by post to the address noted below :
FAO Anna Martland
27 Old Haymarket